Thursday, November 18, 2010

Good ol' Cowboys versus Indians


Wait. Scratch that. Cowboys &  ALIENS. As I have said before, I love it when filmmakers match up unconventional combinations of people/things to fight each other. (See Hey Michael. Sorry your movie sucks.) The ingenuity of pitting Cowboys against Extraterrestrials boggles my mind. It has the potential to be ridiculous/hilarious or it could be completely awesome. I know what you're thinking. You're asking, "But Bob, it sounds so absurd and unorthodox. How could it possibly come out on top?"

For one, we are combining Western with Sci-Fi. Both are phenomenal on their own. Who is to say that they won't blend well. Maybe they'll synergize and make all of our minds explode. Maybe this is cinematographic PB&J in the making! The result could be legendary. I'm just wondering why it hasn't been done before.

For twos, producers include Steven Spielberg and Ron Howard. Hollywood's greatest, right? I mean, Spielberg has his ups and downs, but Ron never let's me down. With their powers combined I imagine that a pretty high baseline will be set.

And three, the acting talent. That's right, friends. Sam Rockwell, Olivia Wilde, Harrison Ford, and Daniel Craig. I know, right? How can you pack so much awesomeness on to one screen in just two hours? I don't know. Again, my brain is imploding.

All the ingredients are right and I'm hopeful. So we'll see if this pans out to be PB&J (Peanut Butter + Jelly = Heaven) or fruit cake (fruit + cake = nasty crap).

1 comment:

Bradwich said...

That IS quite the cast. It's hard to know who I'm most excited about, but it might just be Sam Rockwell. Sorry, other awesome folks.